Saturday, September 09, 2006

I've Been Far Too Serious Lately...

I suppose it would make an interesting tattoo. . .


It ain't exactly beautiful (in fact, the scar part is kind of gross!) but it does remind me of that Cynthia Clawson song, Beautiful Are the Scars. I looked all over the internet trying to find the complete lyrics but could not find them. That whole CD, Broken, is a healing and soothing piece of work.

Many thanks to my pal Ayekah for creating this work of art (?) for me (and she did give me permission to reveal the source of this fine piece of artwork.)

8 comments:

  1. What a clever girlie that Ayekah is..........LOL!! Well, as I had just said to you....in my mind even before I read this, when I set about to create something over your scar, I didn't intend to make a butterfly, it just evolved. And your sentiment was my though exactly as I was playing with it, that wounds and scars turn us into butterflys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true that our scars can shape us. I liked the butterfly that evolved. Sometimes it takes time for us to see that our wounds and scars can be a source of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Ayekah! I like the meaning behind this - and it looks cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, Ayekah- how did you do that? You can't even link to an url on your blog! Very clever girl, you are... I think the butterfly is perfect for you, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking that ayekah could open up a virtual tattoo shop ~grins~

    I would peg you for a butterfly girl annie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny Regina.....although tis true what you said....

    Yes, if you all have any scars or unusual birthmarks feel free to send them to me, and I will create a personalized virtual tattoo pour vous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all are all too funny...Ayekah, doing tattoos of all our scarred places...now those would be some wacko tattos!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!