Thursday, December 20, 2007

Flawed Economics

We had a truck towed in today, a 2008 Chevy Silverado, with bullet holes. The owner stopped by to sign an authorization to repair and our young boss said, “I have to ask, why did you put bullet holes in your truck?" The only part of the customer’s answer I heard was, “Well, you know, I’m a coonass*…” I did hear him say at the end of the story that he had not been in a wreck in six years and he’d only had this truck five months.

When the customer was gone, and my young boss was bringing me the paper work, I had to ask him what the story was. He said “The guy got drunk and shot holes in his tailgate because he did not want to buy the decals.” I asked him, “What decals?” and he answered, “You know, those bullet hole decals like Dad has on his truck.”

Some people will to great lengths to save a few bucks.

*Some Cajun people refer to themselves as "coonass". It is a slang term, I believe, one that is sometimes insulting depending on who uses the word and how it is used. I don't often use it, since I am neither a Cajun or a coonass.


5 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder about people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda like Canadians around here are called Kanucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO... speaking from one who has much coonass in her background from the deep-east-Texas-coast-almost-in-La... that sounds to like something they would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lord!!! That's hillarious!!

    Can't really fault his logic, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious -- and I know exactly what kind of decals you are talking about!

    It should be noted that only cajuns are allowed to refer to themselves or others as coonasses and only when in Louisiana or certain parts of east Texas!!!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!