Saturday, May 24, 2008

An Award and a Late Response

Linda chose my blog as one of the recipients of the "Arte y Pico" blog award back on May 10th and because I am grateful for her continued encouragement and because I sometimes think we may be long lost redneck cousins, I am finally going to acknowledge the award and follow the rules of receiving the award. Thanks Linda!


The Rules Are...

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, for creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.


2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.


3) Each award-winning blog has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.


4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "
Arte y pico"blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) To show these rules.

There are a couple of disclaimers I'd like to mention first. The Arte y Pico blog is in Spanish so you might not understand too much of what is written there. Secondly, it is always so hard for me to make choices like this. If you've never checked out some of the links on my sidebar, you should. All of them are blogs I read and enjoy regularly. I chose the blogs listed below mostly based on the creativity aspect. --

Here are a few of my choices, in no particular order:

SpookyRach is the proprietess at Skewed View who loves tooling around in old cemeteries and taking photos of tombstones. She is also very creative at coming up with stories that relate to the names and sayings on those tombstones.

Mindy, at Bits and Odd Pieces of Mindy's Kingdom claims to be "the Princess of Everything and Then Some". If she is not, she ought to be! She's a very generous crafty blogger who is single-handedly responsible for the invention of the great Pantipalooza project which takes place in February.

Jules, over at The Way I See It has several blogs going, and all of them are lovely to read and see. Her newest blogs is an ongoing tutorial on photography.

Simple Words I Understand is a recent discovery for me. She lives in New! York! City! and often has photographs of her surroundings but always has interesting overheard conversations to report. I enjoy her style of writing.

If Linda had not already received this award, I would have awarded it to her myself. Check out her drawings and watercolor art too.

Enjoy the links, and the long weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Annie, this is so cool. Thank you for including me in your list.

    Good bloggers inspire me to do more work myself, and I'll definitely check out the blogs you recommend.

    Your exclamation points make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie...thank you so very much. You mean the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Annie! And great links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me being partial and all I have always liked your blog. And many thanks for the links. Jules photo blog is a must see, if you haven't been, you must see! Thanks for the heads up on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I wish I was artsy too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a ton, annie!!! I really appreciate it.

    New!York!City! - I can hear you saying that in my head. Need some chips to go with that salsa? ha ha!

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SBW You probably have not seen the Pace Picante sauce commercial that makes fun of the competitor's sauce that comes from New!York!City! It's pretty funny.

    Awww, Princess, I don't care what Rach says, you are so sweet!

    Thanks Linda!! I'm waiting to read more at your blog on what has been going on with you!

    Ayekah Ha! Everybody needs a few partial supporters, don't they?? Thanks! Glad you enjoyed Jules blogs. I knew you would.

    insane mama I am sure you are artsy in some way or another! I see evidence of it in your blog posts!

    SpookyRach I want some chips and some new salsa, I don't like Pace, it's too chunky (ahem, like me)!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!