Cathy tagged me to do a meme. I am supposed to tell seven things about myself, just seven things. This one does not say anything about telling little known stuff! I'm going to go with this stream of consciousness style and see where it leads. . .
1) I am a curious person who wonders about sometimes oddball things. Tonight as I walking with the dog and waiting for him to do his business, I wonder what the criteria is that makes the perfect spot to do his business. He scopes out two or three spots before he actually makes a choice and does any thing.
2) I have wondered for probably ten years, and have asked lots of people close to my age, about a cartoon I watched when I was young that had a donkey with a big sombrero as one of the characters. At the end of the show, there was a stage coach with a trunk on the back of it and the donkey would pop out of the trunk and say "'saw right". That is all I could remember of the show. A couple of weeks ago, I had dinner with a couple of old friends and I asked them about this as we sat on the porch of Cracker Barrel rocking and visiting. They through a few names out but none of them seemed right. One of them emailed me later and told me who it was. I even found a video of the closing on YouTube.
Here is the link if you care to watch it. For some reason I can't get the video embedded in the post. 3) I always loved watching the wheels on the stage coach adjust to the mountain curves on the ending credits to Quick Draw McGraw.
4) I have lived in the South and was raised on the smell of strong coffee brewing in the mornings. I love that smell but I only started drinking coffee in the last three weeks. The "gateway drug" that started it was those Mocha Java Chillers with an extra shot of Espresso from Sonic. I decided I could not keep on drinking those things and live a long life so I had to break my habit and now I drink real coffee!
5) I'm having trouble coming up with three more things. . .
6) I recently got a brand new washer and dryer from Fisher-Paykel. The dryer is a top load dryer. It has been so weird getting used to it. Plus it is a little deep and if something small gets left in it, I can't reach to the bottom of the dryer to get it. Other than that, I like it a lot. At the same time I was getting my set, Ayekah was also looking for a washer and dryer. She ended up getting the same brand, but not the same model. Hers has a computer screen that says "Your clothes have finished drying. Have a nice day."
7) That reminds me, I really don't like it when people tell me "have a good one". Have a good what? I know, I know, it is just something to say, and it may or may not be a sincere thought. Come to think of it, I also don't like it when people tell me to "have a blessed day". Does that make me a curmudgeon? I just don't like people telling me what kind of day to have!
8) I thought of something else, a bonus, but I forgot what it was. Oh well, y'all have a good and blessed one, ya hear?
(Feel free to play along and let me know so I can go see what I don't know about some of y'all.)