Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Afternoon

I used the hydrangea from the previous picture and a background page I'd made to create this. I like the way it turned out. Gretchin Rubin is author of The Happiness Project. I've not read the book but I've followed her blog off and on for some time.

Memorial services for our professor who died will be Monday evening so I will be able to attend. I have two doctor's appointments tomorrow, one with the ENT who removed the lump from under my jaw and another one with my regular doctor for a routine checkup. Hopefully the ENT will release me to go back to work. As much as I have enjoyed being home, it's probably time for me to get back to the grindstone!

We went yesterday to visitation for one of my husband's cousins. Lately I feel surrounded by death and decay. I keep saying I don't want to be morbid but I really do need to get a better grasp on the idea of my own mortality. There are other things behind that and I need to get them worked out.

Don't worry, I may be hyper-aware of death and decay but I am also aware of many life-affirming things around me. My vision is somewhat balanced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there staring, say something!