Sunday, July 29, 2012

Missed Your Plane?

Started reading a new book today and found this quote, which is a quote from one of the characters in a Walker Percy novel. It's an interesting question....

Last night in church, there was a young man sitting in front of us and the back of his head looked almost exactly like the back of my son's head. He was not quite tall enough but otherwise, the similarity was enough to take my breath away. He even stood there ramrod still in spite of the rockin' music, just like my son would have! 

Things like seeing that guy pierce my heart.

But losing him, and facing colon cancer have enhanced my determination not to miss my life. Each day is a new opportunity to live my life.

And I am grateful for new opportunities.

But sometimes I am a slacker about taking advantage of them.

I'm trying to do better!

2 comments:

  1. It's a struggle, and I admire you for all the progress you have made and continue to make. Seeing that there are opportunities for happiness still is the first step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is good to hear from those who are also dealing with the struggle...

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!