Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fun is Transformational

I took my big camera out this past weekend and walked on my trail ("my trail" is actually a fire line breaking up two pieces of property, the piece that is not ours is "company land" where timber is grown) this past weekend. My cousin had gone through with his tractor and cleared it out a bit. I was looking for things I could take blurry pictures of to use as layers in my "thangs." But I also got several good focused photos.

I love how the trees are reflected in the water in the photo above. The tree that is down makes me think of a body with long legs.

I really wanted to put a quote on the picture but I never could get it where you could read the quote well. I tried several different things and finally gave up on the idea (at least temporarily!).

Tonight I skipped my workout class and came straight home from work and took a nap. I was tired and didn't feel well. I got up a little while ago and thought I'd get all the photos off my memory card and onto my computer. That made me want to play a little bit. And the photo above is evidence of my play.

My blogging/writing tribe has been trying to write more on our blogs and we have been using prompts to help us do so. Our latest prompt was "fun." This is one of my ideas of fun.

And now that I have written this, I will hurry back to bed and hopefully will wake up rested and ready for another day.

Speaking of another day, the quote I wanted to use with the photo (in either form) was this:

Here dies another day
during which I have had
eyes, ears, hands
and the great world round me;
and with tomorrow begins another.

Why am I allowed two?

(GK Chesterton)

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture! I love how your eyes see things that I miss. And the quote is perfect!

    I hope you feel 100% better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos too... I like the play photo... you always have a great eye for the mix me up photos ! I love those...which reminds me to do my post too.
    I hope you feel better too. There are a lot of bugs going around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fun. Fun for me to watch your creative process.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!