Saturday, October 10, 2015

Awareness of, and Patience With, the Cost Factor of Choosing

This is old news now, but I went for my latest appointment with the liver doctor last week, where I received the most excellent news that I do not have fatty liver disease. There is one other thing he wants to check my blood for, but he doesn't think I have that. I will have to see him again in six months and get an ultrasound.

When I saw him, the doctor said my diet was very important in taking care of myself in this matter. He talked about awareness when eating, saying I needed to say to myself something like "I'm eating this cupcake or this piece of meat, I know I'm eating this cupcake or this piece of meat, I'm choosing to eat this cupcake or this piece of meat."

Everything, from the things we choose to eat, to the ways we spend our money and time, comes with a cost. This is one of my new ways of living in the world, to keep myself consciously aware of what my choices are costing me. To remember how often it is true, "if I choose this, I can't also choose that."

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been counting my costs lately. I need to be more serious about that. And I don't want toface catastrophe before I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These are words I needed to hear today. This is a good thought, "I CHOOSE this."

    Grateful you are choosing and grateful for you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!