Ike is huge. That is all there is to that.
We are staying home this time even though I have a feeling that is not the wisest choice we could have made. The university closed today at noon and hopefully we will be going back to work on Monday.
We are under a mandatory curfew which begins tomorrow morning at 10. They apparently think that is when the tropical force winds and the rain will start. We're on the bad side of the storm and if it moves any toward the east, things will only get worse.
We've got water and food, and books to read, and oil for our lamps, flashlights and batteries. It's probably going to be a long rough weekend.
My parents live in the same neighborhood as we do. We've got the generator and enough gas for a couple of nights of AC. If (when?) the power goes out, we will head down there to sleep.
All we do now is wait on Ike.
What will y'all be doing for the weekend??
My son and my sister and my aunt are all in Houston. They too will be waiting (along with all those other people who live in Houston who I do not know!). They are all at my aunt's house in Pasadena. As of now, I don't think they have been told to evacuate.