Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sometimes I Play With My Food

(and my camera phone). This was not entirely my creation. I only cut up the pineapple ring. Someone else reversed the pieces to make the sunburst and add the peanuts and salt and pepper.

On a more serious note, my dad had something happen to the one good eye he has. I think it is called a colloital detachment. At this moment he can't see out it so he is effectively blind. He is taking steroids and using steroids drops which are supposed to make it better. If that does not work they will have to do surgery and it is a complicated surgery to do. Please pray that the medicine will make things better, that he will have his sight restored to him. He was doing so well after his cornea transplant two years ago. He was able to see well enough to be confident to drive again and that was a blessing to him. He goes back to two different doctors this coming week. For now, all he can do is sit and wait. He seems to be in good spirits but I can't imagine how hard it is to sit around for so long not being able to see, hoping and praying things will get better.

9 comments:

  1. Choroid, sorry, but you know me..... :P I have been praying! And the girls too! Will keep praying the issue resolves on it's own. I would hate to see him go through another surgery. jeepers! Let's talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got here early to correct me! I was too lazy to look up the correct name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayed for your dad.

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, so sorry to hear about your dad. It's hard to watch our folks in such a state of helplessness, eh? I'll be praying for sure.

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got pulled away from here before commenting last night, Annie, but did bring you and your Dad into my prayers.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. also praying for your dad ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all, for the prayers. He has a appointment with his cornea doctor on Wednesday and one with the doctor who is monitoring the current problem on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let us know how his appt. went! Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping all is well with your dad soon!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!