Thursday, November 08, 2018

Haunting Questions of October


Butterflies do not seem to be skittish creatures. I wonder how high they can actually fly. This one would dip down to the flowers and flit about, then soar up above the trees before coming back again. He/she looked like he/she was soaring joyfully. I enjoyed watching. How do they know how to adjust for wind speed? I'm not sure I really want to know. If I did, I could easily ask Google for the answers. 

That's not one of my haunting questions! Earlier this month, an online person asked me to tell them about my art. The question has been haunting me ever since. First of all, art. Me? Yes, me. Art!

All I really know is "...the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." (Henry Van Dyke)


Another haunting question came up when of the instructors at work casually mentioned to me that I was very creative and she enjoyed seeing some of the things I did (when I posted them on Facebook). We talked a bit about the joys of being creative and she told me about jewelry she was working on, and how she was learning to improve her skills through videos, and Skype with an instructor. That's a sad thing about wanting to learn more about an art process, when you can't find anyone or anywhere to learn more about it in person. The internet is handy for a lot of things but sometimes you just want a flesh and blood instructor standing in front of you, helping you along.

As we talked, the question that came up was "what are you working on now?" 

I don't really have answers to either question at the moment. I'm okay with that. At the moment.

1 comment:

  1. You will work on something when the right thing comes along. I think of you as an artist, too, and look at the one beautiful piece I have from you frequently. It's on my piano. Along with all the books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!