- I've been doing a lot of reading, particularly in a book called The Van Gogh Blues. It is about depression and the creative person. Linda of Quotidian Curiosities was intuitive enough to recommend it to me and Linda, it has been one enlightening book. Thanks for pointing it out to me.
- I joined Curves, the women's workout place. I am having trouble getting myself there as often as I ought to be going but joining is a start. We are also trying to eat more consciously at work.
- I finally got my phone line fixed. My problem was due to a short in the jack.
- I am looking into changing jobs and have sent two applications in for civil service jobs. I took the civil service exam Saturday and feel like I aced it. The whole idea of changing jobs is difficult for me because of low confidence levels and not much official training to offer. Also because I start feeling guilty about leaving the old job, even though I have good reason to do so.
- I am going to start work with a spiritual director very soon. I have been in a spiritual funk for quite some time now and I think the timing is right for me to do this, even though it is a tradition that is completely foreign to my upbringing.
- I have not been out to take photos lately but I hope to get back to it soon. The anti-depressant I have been on has really muted my creative desires, but they seem to be slowly coming back. I have also not done much in the area of "artsy-fartsy" activity and am looking forward to getting back with that as well.
- I want to get back to writing more regularly on my blog, but now I have blurted out all my news, what on earth will I write about?
Monday, April 07, 2008
In no particular order: