Sunday, March 02, 2014

Stumbling Around (in a good way)

On the heels of my regular weekend, I am going into three days off due to the madness that is Mardi Gras in Southwest Louisiana. I don't know whether or not I will brave the crowd to get pictures. I am looking forward to my three days at home.

This weekend in the country I noticed my narcissus is blooming. 

On the way into town Saturday morning, we spied this Icee Bear sign out in the woods. I have no idea what it is doing out there.
On the way home, my mom and I stopped to get a photo of this phenomenon. We would have gotten closer but it was too muddy for our shoes!
We also stopped at a very old cemetery that had this creek running behind it. There was a bit of a dam in the water and the water was singing as it flowed. There was also a very nice "sitting rock" where you could look down into the creek and sit a spell. But since I was with my mom, I did not take the time to sit and meditate upon life's wonders!
We were returning from a quilt show. The upper left corner of this collage is one of the quilts I liked best in the show. There were lots of prettier ones but this one just caught my eye. All the other photos are where I played with the original photo with several of my phone apps.
It's been a while since I've taken time to get out and wander around to see wonderful things I could stumble upon. I'm glad I got to do it this weekend.

1 comment:

Don't just sit there staring, say something!