Sunday, June 08, 2014

Gallery Five: The Light Arrived

This is my photo for Gallery Five of the 52 Photos Project. The prompt is "The Light Arrived." I had the blinds open in my room and noticed how the shadows of the trees made the light dance on the floor like flames.

And I've been reading this fascinating book, "How the Light Gets In: Writing as a Spiritual Practice,' by Pat Schneider. Both of these quotes are from different places in the book. I've been taking quotes from the book, typing them into my notes app on my phone. I wanted to finish the book this weekend but I still have a couple of chapters to go.

This one is an old Russian saying, according to the author of the book I'm reading. She cited Alexander Solzhenitsyn as having said it. 

Just noticed I spelled the author's name wrong in the photo above. Dang it, guess I'll have to go back in and fix that. Good thing this is a phone photo and text app I've used. That will make it all the easier to fix. Just not tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Both are wonderful. What a great place to sit and read the book on light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to click on the second picture to read it. Am glad I did....... it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how unrelated things you are working on always seem to come together?

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!