Saturday, February 18, 2012

Joy and Sorrow


Coffee and gingerbread cookies added a bright spot to my wet and dreary afternoon filled with somber thoughts. Later on, we met with old friends for dinner. Now we are home again.

It's Mardi Gras time here in Southwest Louisiana. I am off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for the holiday. The rain wreaked havoc on parade plans today. I don't know whether or not I will venture out to get pictures.


I was writing in my journal last week, for the first time since my son's death, and I looked down at my desk and noticed this note. He had written it on the tape that was holding down the paper I use to keep paint from getting on the desk. I'd seen it before but had forgotten it was there. He's never really that far away in my thoughts.


All is not as gray as it seems. 

Life can be so bittersweet. So it was today, so it will continue to be, I would imagine. 

Joy and sorrow, they are never far apart.

8 comments:

  1. oooooh wow. very cool post. very.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Fragile and delicate. You keep writing, girl. Keep processing those thoughts, somber and joyous.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you
    Stuck in tape
    And on your heaart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thoughts are so similar to what I am experiencing at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can well imagine, Cathy. Thoughts and prayers are with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that.... what a beautiful gift. There is great joy in saving those small things we don't give to much thought about, and they become our most precious memories.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!