Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday Gator Blogging

In honor of my youngest daughter's first high school marching band performance. No, she does not play the piano, though she does play something almost as unwieldy, the trombone. She's nervous about trying to play and misstepping.

The show is all Eagles songs. I have told her I will probably cry when they play Desperado. The lyrics bring out the melancholy side of me....


Come down from your fences,
open the gate
It may be rainin',

but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you

(let sombody love you)
You better let somebody love you
before it's too late

3 comments:

  1. It's a Musigator!
    Marching band.... I remember those days. best of stepping to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! A new favorite - I like his "sleeky-ness".

    Good luck to your daughter! (The Eagles songs must make for a great show!)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!