Saturday, October 15, 2005

Reconstructing the Evacuation

I have begun the process of shaking the cobwebs from my head and looking back to see where I have been. I took my calendar and made notes on where we were and what was happening on the days we were gone. I had only written sporadically in my journal, mainly because there was not much privacy and believe it or not, there was not much time. We stayed busy doing the things we needed to do to get by without electricity and it was hot and when dark time came, we went to bed.

The pictures I have are on my computer and I can't get to them until I do something about replacing my monitor so I will post pictures later.

I have noticed new faces around here. I'll be checking out your blogs more carefully once I get back to using my own computer at my own house (waah, waah!). I do appreciate the comments and the prayers.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you up and typing, even if it's from you Mom's place (blech!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayekah, where have you gone? I miss your blog. Did you have a goodbye post that I missed during the storm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the visit

    yeah I think you're right about the puppies!! (laughing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! Haven't stopped here in couple of days because it sounded to me like your computer usage was restricted for awhile. Now I had to backtrack and catch up. My pastor from Pensacola was in over the weekend and says the whole coast from Mobile westward is in pretty much the same condition. He and his congregation still have 40 of 150 people left over there for whom they are providing food and shelter. If what I'm hearing is right, it seems to be churches who are mostly helping. People helping people. Everything else gets tied up in red tape and empty promises........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realise all that you were having to endure. It's certainly good to *hear* from you!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear more from you. Continue to hope for you to have the strength you need.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!