Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Forgiven

I've been listening to a series of CDs by Beth Moore, "Wednesdays with Beth", and today she talked about how so many of us Christians live as though we are not forgiven. I really need to listen to this one again (and I will), but hearing the message today is what inspired my thoughts on the photo above. I never know how things will go over, or if they make any sense to anyone other than me, but here it is, such as it is.

I keep telling myself I am forgiven, but some days, it sure seems like I fail to appropriate that forgiveness. Today is my physical birthday. I was given the gift of forgiveness many years ago on my spiritual birthday. How wonderful it would be to accept and celebrate my spiritual gifts, to use them and live with them "out in the open" and not tucked away in the dark recesses of my soul.

10 comments:

  1. I get to be the first to say Happy Birthday, Annie! Wow...

    I also get to be the first to say that I'd pay money for most of what you do here so let that just sit on your shoulders for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jules, for the birthday wish and the kind words about those things I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have just been too, too busy this week. Here it is two days after your birthday before I realized it. Well, a heartfelt, though belated, Blessed Birthday to you. I agree with Julia--you are a blessing to your blog buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come out into the light, Annie. Don't be shy. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! I'm hoping I can make it tot he post office (the mail hasn't been delivered for 2 days) and finally mail your CD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And pulling up the rear with birthday wishes, last but not least, moi!! Hope your day was a happy one. And you are indeed a tremendous blessing to me and everyone around you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, happy birthday, Annie! You are an inspiration with both your words and pictures- thank you for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so sorry that I am late!

    I used to understand that I was forgiven. It is harder for me now. I do not know why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thanks, David!! You've been a blessing to me.

    Patti Thanks! Sometimes it is hard to remember that bit about being fearfully and wonderfully made, but I know it is true. And I believe you have a VERY legitimate excuse for not making it to the post office!

    Thank you Ayekah. You have been a blessing to me too!

    Regina Clare Jane Thank you!
    I am glad to have come across you in blogland.

    Princess Mindy I agree that it is harder for me now too, and I do not exactly know why (though I have my suspicions).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday.
    You have changed your blog name! I am going back and reading some of your past posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am late to the party because i am lame :( i am sorry i missed your birthday, but wish you health and happiness regardless. you are seriously one of my favorites in life.

    no b*s.

    also, i would like to order at least 1/2 dozen of the card you have pictured here. thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!