Saturday, December 10, 2005

This and That

*%#@&#!! (Roughly translated, that means "golly woolie-boogers, dang it.") I had another post almost completely written, and I decided to tweak my words a bit, and Blogger decided to take the whole bottom half of what I had written. A quiet little voice told me I ought to save what I had written in Word, but did I listen to that quiet little voice? No! When will I ever learn?! I will try to reconstruct the moment sometime later.

Now, about those boody shots....I don't go looking for them! They just seem to come to me. I can't explain it any better than that. Actually, now that I think about it, the compulsion probably runs in my genes. There is a steady procession of booty shots in our Christmas photos from my childhood. You know, someone bends over to get a present from under the tree to hand to someone and someone else thinks it would be so cute to get a picture of Aunt Gertie's hind end up in the air -- a posterior photo for posterity, so to speak.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments lately. I have been shouldering a lot of burdens for some time now, and I have tried to do it in a healthy manner, but it does get tiring at times. On a personal level, the aftermath of the hurricane has been difficult for me because the outer, physical turmoil and uncertainty and disarray mirror (and magnify) my inner turmoil and uncertainty and disarray.


On a brighter note, I had no idea so many of you would appreciate seeing a parade without getting out from in front of your computer monitors! I suppose next year I will have to go wired for sound so that you can hear the Cajun music coming from this float....


or hear the chug-chug of this John Deere tractor (We used to have one, ya know)....






6 comments:

  1. You don't have to be embarassed! We LIKE the booty shots! :o)
    And you can admit it if you do too! (I'm teasing you)
    Our family thing ws that Grandma always had her mouth open. LOTS of pictures like that. She hated that but it just seemed to happen anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get to be in the pics cause I am always the one taking them. My Mom hates getting her pic made so she turns her head really fast. I have all of these pics of the back of my mom's head.

    I love your pics and I love the parade...especially your blow by blow captions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my humble, southern, slap me in the head opinion, your parade piccies rival the Rose Bowl........without all that freaky California stuff!! You can wire it for the northern folks, but I definately don't need the sound effects........I live it!
    But seriously now A, going though the hurricane this year will set you back a bit.......and it might be a while, until your eyes tell your brain what you see in now the norm. But it's pretty !#@$##% hard to hide all that ugly left behind. "Member my lecture on "normal" I gave ya a while back....normal and paranoid......your new pals........trust me...........I dont' mean that in a mena way either. It just happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the parade pics! I want to ask if I can link to them the next time I post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the parade! I hope you are doing as well as you sound through your writing. Merry Cnristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms Annie -- I posted the link to your parade on my blog today -- I did it up just for you!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there staring, say something!